Make sure you follow the below hints & tips to ensure your entry has maximum impact on the judges and isn’t disadvantaged in any way!
- Demonstrate versatility, innovation and creativity
Your entry must address all criteria on the entry form
Include your official ACMA identity (eg. 2SYD) as well as your on-air ID (eg. Nova 96.9) to ensure your station is properly identified
Pay close attention to completing name and title entry details – they need to appear exactly as they would appear on a finalist’s certificate or winner’s trophy
Do not staple, bind or submit entries in folders and only provide photocopies of supporting material – not originals
If you can’t fit your response in the spaces made available on the Special Entry Form – feel free to complete on a separate page ensuring you do not exceed the page limit. Judges will not assess information which exceeds the maximum limits.
Ensure your Station Manager or General Manager signs your Special Entry Form where required.
- Judges want to hear a lot more of you and less of other people and music
- Entries should be exactly as broadcast – no added background music or sound effects
- Ensure your entry is broadcast quality
- Make sure your audio sticks to the time limit for the category – once again, judges will not assess audio that exceeds the maximum limits
- Get your best material up front on your audio – make it the first thing the judges hear to capture their attention and imagination
- State your name and station only at the beginning of your entry – there should be no music or noise in the background – no production, no station IDS
- Your name and station tag can be on top of the stated audio limit for the category but the tag should not exceed three seconds
- Ideally provide a selection of material, except where stated otherwise
- Audio should be submitted on CD or uploaded to the website for online entries
- Do not submit the same audio entry for different categories – it will be noticed - especially if your entry makes it through to Finalist judging
More hints & tips for individual categories can be found on the relevant entry forms.
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions can be found here!