Our commitment to privacy
Commercial Radio Australia respects your privacy and that of other people who use this website (Website). We will comply with the requirements of the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 in the way that we handle any “personal information” that we collect about you. Personal information means information that can be used to personally identify you.
- We only collect personal information that we require for the business purposes of Commercial Radio Australia;
- In most cases, the personal information we collect about you and how we plan to use that information will be self evident – if not, we will tell you in advance;
- We will not rent, trade or sell your personal information to anyone;
- We will use reasonable steps to ensure the safe storage of your personal information; and
- To find out what personal information we hold about you or to have that personal information changed or deleted, just ask us.
What type of personal information do we collect and why?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- As part of the membership application process – your name, job description, employer, student number, tertiary institution, address, phone numbers, fax number, email address;
- Applying for a job advertised on the Website – your name, address, email address, phone numbers, fax number and resume;
- Submitting classified advertisements – your name, address, email address, phone numbers and fax number; and
- Making inquiries or providing feedback via the Website – your name, address, email address, phone numbers and fax number.
The primary purpose for which we collect this information and what we intend to use that information for will be self evident from the context in which that personal information is collected. If not, we will let you know in advance.
How we will use the personal information we collect?
Generally, we will only use the personal information we collect for the primary purpose for which that information has been collected or for a closely related business purpose.
We will only use your personal information for other purposes if we receive your consent or if we are allowed to or required to by law. We will not use your personal information to send you information about our activities or our members unless you indicate that you want to receive such information.
Who will we disclose your personal information to?
The personal information we collect about you will be accessible by relevant staff within Commercial Radio Australia. Such information may be accessible by our IT contractors as well.
From time to time, it may be necessary to disclose the personal information we hold about you to our service providers, contractors, members or business associates to enable us to provide relevant services to you. Those services will be linked to the purposes for which we collected that personal information.
We may also disclose the personal information we hold about you to third partes with your consent or if we are allowed to or required to do so by law.
How we will handle the personal information we have about you?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the secure storage of any personal information provided to us via the Website. Such personal information will be stored in a secure electronic environment accessible only to people working at or for Commercial Radio Australia. That information may also be printed and stored in paper form.
All staff and contractors of Commercial Radio Australia are required to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access.
We will only retain the personal information we hold about you for as long as we need it for our purposes. However, we may retain that information for a longer period if required to for legal purposes.
Cookies and session tracking
We are constantly trying to improve the services we provide via the Website. Therefore we use “cookies” which are a form of tracking technology which is stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit the Website. The cookies we use record certain information such as which parts of the Website you visit.
Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies by default. However, if you do not wish to receive cookies you may be able to configure your browser settings to either prompt you first or to reject cookies. However, please note that by setting up your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to view all the information on the Website.
How you can access your personal information?
Under the Privacy Act, you generally have a right to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you. However, there are times when we are required to or allowed to withhold access to some or all of this information.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is wrong or out of date, you have a right to ask us to correct it.
Before you can exercise these rights, we will need to ask you to provide some form(s) of identification so that we can verify that you are the person to whom the personal information relates.
How to contact us?
- Email: email@example.com;
- Telephone (during business hours): (02) 9281 6577;
- Fax: (02) 9281 6599; or
- Post: The Privacy Officer, Commercial Radio Australia, Level 5, 88 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010.
LAST UPDATED: 10 FEBRUARY 2006