Radio on the Road – Automotive

Commercial radio reaches three-quarters of Australians who intend on buying a car in the next year, making it the perfect vehicle to communicate with these consumers over the course of their decision-making journey.

These are the findings from the Consumer Insights Report from Nielsen and Commercial Radio & Audio, which paints a picture of the automotive consumer in Australia including their preferences, perceptions and buying intentions.

Key national insights:

  • Almost one in five (2.4M Australians) aged over 14 intend on purchasing a new car in the next 12 months
  • Of intending car buyers, 54% say they will buy a brand new car, while the remaining 46% plan on buying a used car
  • Three in four Australians who intend to buy a car in the next 12 months have listened to commercial radio in the past week
  • 25% of radio listeners who intend to buy a car in the next 12 months, intend to spend between $40,000 - $59,999
  • Commercial radio plays an important role in reaching these potential car buyers, talking to around 1.8M (75%) of them every week.

For more information, please email Briony McLean (Research & Insights Strategist) or call 02 9281 6577.

This data may not be used for, or in association with, any commercial purposes without Commercial Radio & Audio’s prior consent.

« Back to Nielsen Consumer Insights